Friday, January 4, 2008

good-night mush recipe


I love to make crock pot oatmeal at least 3 days a week. I just throw the ingredients in the crock pot at night before bed and wake up in the morning to a hot breakfast ready for the children.
The basic recipe is just 1 cup of old fashioned oats to 3 cups of water. First I grease the crockpot with my healthy coconut oil,
then add the water and oats. Then I add a couple tablespoons of sucanet(raw sugar) and either a small handfull of frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries or strawberries) or half a grated apple. Put the lid on and cook on low all night.
Wake in the morning and ~voila~ hot breakfast. I generally serve it in a bowl with a couple heaping tablespoons of organic yogurt mixed in and a drip of our home canned fruit pancake syrup.

3 comments:

lisa said...

ooooh! this sounds delicious. can't wait to try it out!

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

UM - "YUM" - i know what i'm making for tomorrow's breakfast!

Kim said...

I came on here JUST to find this recipe! I always make it too dry... gonna try your way tonight.

:-)