Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wean Me Gently


Wean Me Gently
by Cathy Cardall

I know I look so big to you, Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have. But no matter how big we get,
We still have needs that are important to us. I know that our relationship is growing and changing,
But I still need you. I need your warmth and closeness, Especially at the end of the day When we snuggle up in bed. Please don't get too busy for us to nurse.
I know you think I can be patient, Or find something to take the place of a nursing;
A book, a glass of something,
But nothing can take your place when I need you.
Sometimes just cuddling with you,
Having you near me is enough. I guess I am growing and becoming independent, But please be there.
This bond we have is so strong and so important to me, Please don't break it abruptly.

Wean me gently,

Because I am your mother,

And my heart is tender.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was really sweet jill i liked that sometimes i forget how little kk really is as i am sorta trying to wean her now cause my milk is low my breasts are sore and my energy is at an all time low being pregnant again but maybe i can go a little longer ;)