Tuesday, January 8, 2008
if the world was a village of a hundred people
If the world was a village of 100 people..
- 80 people would live in substandard housing
- 25 people would have a bed, a roof and refrigerator for food
- 50 people are either malnourished or undernourished
- 17 people have no safe, clean water to drink
- 41 people live without basic sanitation
- 25 people have to live on $1.00 or less a day
- 47 people have to live on $2.00 or less a day
- 30 people have a bank account
- 6 people own 59% of the world's wealth.