Thursday, January 3, 2008


I'm A Christian
By Maya Angelou
When I say
"I'm a Christian"
I'm not shouting
"I am clean livin"
I'm whispering "
I was lost"
Now I am found and forgiven.
When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak this with pride.I'm confessing I stumble and
need Christ to be my guide.
When I say ..
" I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing I am weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.
When I say...
"I am a Christian"
I'm not braggin of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need GOD to clean my mess.
When I say...."I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are too visible, butGod believes I am worth it.
When I say ..."I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain,I have my share of heartachesSo I call upon HIS name.When I say...
"I'm a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,I'm just a simple sinner
Who recieved God's Grace
Somehow.

No comments: